Safeway Tub Door vs Walk In Bathtub
What’s the difference between a walk-in bath and the Safeway Tub Door? Learn how a simple and affordable tub conversion can modify your existing bath into a walk in tub with shower.
Safeway Tub Door Offers Easy Installation
- The Safeway Tub Door is an accessibility modification that adds a watertight door to an existing bathtub. Walk-in bathtubs are complete bathing units that require much more extensive and costly renovations. To install a walk in bathtub, there may be costly changes that have to be made to a bathroom’s plumbing, tile, and/or flooring to accommodate a walk in bath. By comparison, none of those structural changes are necessary to modify an existing bathtub and install the Safeway Tub Door.
Safeway Tub Door a Fraction of Cost
- The Safeway Tub Door can be installed for an average installation charge of under $2,000 compared to walk-in bathtubs that can cost over $10,000 to purchase and install.
Safeway Tub Door Installed in Just Hours
- The Safeway Tub Door can be installed in just two to four hours (depending on the type of existing bathtub) compared to walk-in bathtubs that can take several days to install if the tear-out of the existing bathtub is required.
Safeway Tub Door Installed in Any Type of Existing Bathtub- Even Cast-Iron!
- The Safeway Tub Door adds a watertight door to an existing bathtub, including fiberglass, steel and cast-iron tubs.
Safeway Tub Door Looks Great Installed
- Once installed, the Safeway Tub Door looks like it was part of the original bathtub and adds to the decor of residential homes, senior housing or hospitality properties. Walk-in tubs are normally very large units that have a very ‘institutional’ look and feel.