Stair Lift Rentals | Terms & Conditions
This document sets out the Rental terms & conditions between Mobility123 and the customer “Customer” with respect to the installation of stair lift equipment “Equipment”.
- Term: The Term shall commence as of the date of installation of the Equipment.
- Responsibility for Use: The Customer shall use the Equipment only for the purposes for which it was designed and in accordance with the manufacturer’s operating instructions provided. The Customer agrees to operate and maintain the Equipment in a clean and safe environment. The Customer agrees that no warranties, expressed or implied, including merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose have been made by mobility123 in connection with the Equipment rented. In no event shall mobility123 be liable for any special, direct, indirect or consequential damages in connection with this Agreement.
- Loss or Damage: The Customer agrees that it uses the Equipment at its own risk and agrees to indemnify and save mobility123 harmless from and against any liability, loss, damage, expense claims or judgements arising from injury to persons or property or death based on or arising from or in connection with the actual use, operation, delivery of the Equipment or its location or condition. If the Equipment is lost, stolen or destroyed, the Customer will be liable to mobility123 for the full Purchase Price value indicated in the Agreement.
- Hand Rails: Sometimes a handrail needs to be removed to accommodate the stair lift installation. Normally mobility123 will advise that you arrange for a local tradesman to carry out this task. mobility123 can remove your hand rail as a courtesy service at no cost to yourself, but this is limited to removal only and we cannot carry out reinstatement work such as replastering and redecorating and also we cannot refit the handrail to another location. (This work could, however, be done by a suitably qualified Sub-contractor at an extra cost if required.)
- Handover of Stair Lift: On the day of installation, the stair lift will be demonstrated to the Customer or their representative and the Customer Acceptance agreement must be initialed to show that this demonstration has been completed by mobility123. For multiple user installations, such as Nursing Homes or Public Buildings, it is the responsibility of the building owner or manager to ensure that an attendant is present at the “installation handover” so that they can be trained and informed of their responsibilities to oversee and control the use of the stair lift at all times.
- Guarantee: mobility123 guarantees to rectify at our cost, any defects arising from faulty materials or workmanship for the specified guarantee period (see your personal quotation for details) from the date of installation. Batteries for D.C. stair lifts are guaranteed for six months. Faults due to negligence, mis-use, wilful or accidental damage by others, or any other cause beyond our control are not subject to the terms of our guarantee. In the event that there is a manufacture fault with the Equipment, mobility123 will repair the Equipment at no cost to you. If the Equipment fault is due to user error and/or negligence, there will be a $79.95 service charge plus all labor and parts need to repair said Equipment.