Mobility123 is your local New Jersey goto professional for VA HISA modifications. We are a preferred partner of several manufactures due to our high sales volume and on staff expert installers.
MOBILITY123 IS A HISA GRANT APPROVED CONTRACTOR
CALL NOW FOR MORE INFO 609-248-9272
This grant provides medically necessary improvements and structural alterations to Veterans/Servicemembers’ primary residence for the following purposes:
- Allowing entrance to or exit from their homes
- Barrier-free ADA shower and bathroom modifications
- Installation of a wheelchair lift (vertical platform lift)
- Installation of a stair (chair) lift
- Use of essential lavatory and sanitary facilities (e.g. roll in showers or walk in tubs)
- Allowing accessibility to kitchen or bathroom sinks or counters (e.g. lowering counters/sinks)
- Improving entrance paths or driveways in immediate area of the home to facilitate access to the home through construction of permanent ramping
- Improving plumbing or electrical systems made necessary due to installation of home medical equipment
HISA will not pay for:
- Walkways to exterior buildings
- Widening of driveways (in excess of a 7ft x 6ft area)
- Spa, hot tub, or Jacuzzi
- Exterior decking (in excess of 8ft x 8ft)
HISA Grant Amounts
Lifetime HISA benefit up to $6,800 may be provided for:
- Veterans and Servicemembers who have a service connected condition
- Veterans who have a non-service connected condition rated 50% or more service connected
Lifetime benefit up to $2,000 may be provided for Veterans who have a non-service connected condition
What does HISA exclude?
Some excluded HISA structural alterations are exterior decking; purchase or installation of spa/ hot tubs/ Jacuzzi type tubs; home security systems; removable equipment or appliances such as portable ramps; porch lifts, and stair glides; and routine repairs.
- Learn more about VBA’s Specially Adapted Housing (SAH) grant and the Special Housing Adaptation (SHA) grant.
- Please take a moment to watch the HISA Video for more information.
Applying for a HISA Grant
When applying for the HISA benefit, a completed HISA application package must include the following:
(1) A prescription written or approved by a VA physician which includes:
- The beneficiaries name, address and telephone number
- Identify the improvement or structural alteration
- The diagnosis and medical justification for the improvement or structural alteration
(2) A completed and signed VA Form 10-0103, VETERANS APPLICATION FOR ASSISTANCE In Acquiring Home Improvement and Structural Alterations
- If applying for an advanced payment, request on application
(3) FOR RENTERS: A signed and notarized statement from the owner authorizing the improvement or structural alteration
(4) A written itemized estimate of costs for labor, materials, permits, and inspections for the home improvement and structural alteration
(5) A color photograph of the unimproved area
NOTE: An inspection of the site by VA may be warranted.